Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Best of… November 2012

nov coco2

via Cocogroove

In November, it was frequently hitting 30°C here, but I was dreaming of chillier climates and shopping online for a parka to see me through three weeks at home (I eventually settled on this one!).  It served me well and the novelty of the cold and rain didn’t wear off while I was home.  Besides, winter clothes are the best kind… if I could only get over that exhausting indoors-outdoors, layers on layers-off routine!

nov vanessajackman1

nov sart1

nov toast1

nov toast2

nov toast3

via Vanessa Jackman, The Sartorialist and Fashion Toast

When I got home, my beloved leather and knits were all mine again, and completely acceptable (if not advisable) to wear with regularity.

nov locals1

nov sj1

via The Locals and Sincerely Jules

Candy stripes and flimsy shorts were not.  I guess that’s one of the benefits of straddling two opposing climates.

nov sj2

nov sj3

via Sincerely Jules

I had an opportunity recently to buy designer bags at an insanely reduced price; one which I ended up passing up on after the search for this Celine one proved fruitless.  I really really re-ally wanted that one, so much that no other would suffice.  One love and all that.  Is there a word to describe missing something you never had to begin with?  There should be.  That’s how I feel about this.

More on pinterest

10 comments:

MARTA said...

I love the Celine bag too.. it's just so unique that no other copies can make it replaceable. Great inspiration ;)

Couture Carrie said...

Fab street style selections, darling!
Love the boots in the last pic!

xoxox,
CC

Diana Mieczan said...

I love parka and the first one is amazing:) Have a wonderful start to the year, lovely.

Camila Faria said...

Oh, the Celine bag. I know what you mean. So gorgeous!

Leslie said...

Lucky you to get the bag! Sounds so cold, and I know what you're saying about the layers. When spring rolls around you must feel kinda funny walking around with just one layer! Nice parka in the top photo :)

Anonymous said...

Sincerely Jules rocks.
It looks like we have similar taste in clothes :)

Anonymous said...

Love the ASOS parka!!

Thelma Frayne said...

Love SJ!

Thanks Mariana- in case anyone is thinking of getting it, I would go a size down from your usual size in coats. I got my usual size and it's ve-ry roomy!

Ashley said...

Guys in hats = favorite!

Anonymous said...

These last two posts made me smile on a miserable day at the office in G-town!