Monday, March 5, 2012

Best of… February 12

It’s uncharacteristically cold at the moment (for the UAE) and I’ve been thinking a lot about my leather jacket. I’m peeved with myself for leaving it hanging in my wardrobe at home when I could be rocking it all over Dubai next weekend.

Maybe I should get a new one.

feb ft1

Mine is more streamlined than this one (via Fashion Toast) and I really could do with a biker-y roughed up one too, couldn’t I? Yeeeesssssssss.  Rumi’s is by Philip Lim, or how about this one from All Saints:

feb zipped1

Equally perfect.

feb expresso1

feb expresso2

Other things I don’t have (and could be keeping me warm):  The perfect casual blazer, or this slouchy cardigan, via Expresso.  Also, are top knots going to be everywhere in 2012 this like they were last year?  Or is everyone bored with them now?  I love them.  Feb Qin at the disco1

feb sartorialist1

via Qin At The Disco and The Sartorialist.

Converse are another thing I continue to see everywhere.  I’m trading mine in for a shiny new pair of these soon.  I ordered a pair of Bensimons (the French girl’s answer to Converse) on Shopbop recently, but was underwhelmed when they arrived. The size wasn’t even right so I couldn’t give them a proper chance (they are very small fitting so go up a size if you’re ordering)!

feb sincerelyjules1

Best blog discovery this month:  Sincerely Jules

feb sincerelyjules3

Hello Jules.  I love you.

feb sincerelyjules2

Except if we met, that's not what I’d say at all.  Instead, I’d be busy devising an evil plan to cut off all her hair and turn it into fabulous extensions.

feb thelocals1

A French girl in London, via The Locals.

feb heyprettything1

Oh look, a cosy jumper and a cup of tea (via Hey Pretty Thing). I’m exaggerating about the weather here- we still have highs of about 20-22°C but there is somewhat of an icy breeze.  Okay, exaggerating again.  Sorry.

13 comments:

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Gorgeous girls!! Love the styles..shall check their pages out!! Have a great week! xx

Unknown said...

That's a great excuse for a new jacket if ever I heard one! xo

Style Servings said...

Great post! Love the All Saints one!

http://styleservings.blogspot.com/

Elsa de Diego said...

Thanks for following! :) I am now preparing a couple of posts about how to combine the 'boyfriend jacket' and a black leather jacket (I plan a trip to Germany in April). I'll let you know when I am done as I would love to have your take on the matter, given your sense of style! :) xoxo

Ballet Pumps And Roses said...

Hi Little T

Get a leather jacket and I'm totally delighted that I have the same shoes as Jules..

Joanne

http://www.balletpumpsandroses.com

Elly @ Caribbean Living said...

That blazer is seriously gorgeous!

Bonnie said...

I think this has made my shopping urge even more intense. I want everything.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Style, She Wrote said...

Love Rumi's biker jacket and the more affordable All Saints version! xo style, she wrote

Melina-Lajolie said...

wow beautiful post! very inspirational :)
would you maybe like to follow each other? this would be awesome :)
xx

Thelma Frayne said...

That was actually one of my better excuses Emma!

Love your advice Joanne!

Diana Mieczan said...

I adore that last cozy sweater and thanks so much for the link back:) Have a fantastic day, darling. xo

Thelma Frayne said...

Thanks Diana, you too x

Tanvi said...

Love the inspiration. Jules really is pretty. I'd want her hair too! :P

∞ © tanvii.com ∞