Monday, February 20, 2012

The little t guide to… Holidaying in the Emirates (Part 2)

Did I book the Crowne Plaza on Yas Island for our stay in Abu Dhabi?

Yes I did!  Because that’s what someone awesome would do.  Get excited!  We’re only staying for 3 nights.  Let’s do it right.

crowneplazayas2

crowneplazayas4

crowneplazayas1

Yas Island is a little out of the city, but much prettier than the centre and closer to a few of the things I have planned.  As with Dubai, I wouldn’t worry too much about location when you are looking at hotel options as taxis are quite inexpensive- you’ll pay about 30dhs (€6) for a 20 minute journey. 

crowneplazayas6

crowneplazayas7

One tip I will offer (if like my guests, you are partial to a evening glass of wine) is to ensure the hotel you are booking is not a dry hotel.  There are quite a few in Abu Dhabi and they tend not to advertise it.

yasisland crowne plaza1

yasisland

crowneplazayas3

In general, accommodation in Abu Dhabi is a bit pricier than Dubai, but book well in advance and you can still get some very good rates.

(See Part 1 here!)

13 comments:

The Dainty Dolls House said...

I want to go, looks amazing!! I just want to feel the sun :))))) Have a great week doll xx

Queen Treasure said...

nice trip!!
love it...
if u like chckout mine,fllw if u intersetd..thanks
jessillesilv.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I would be so so sad if I checked int o a dry hotel by accident...

Hope you have an amazing trip T xo

Anonymous said...

My friend went there for work and she loved it. She told me so much about their hotels' rooms and how much she likes them because they are huge.
http://www.fashionmechic.com/

Style Servings said...

Oh wow!! Looks and sounds amazing!

http://styleservings.blogspot.com

Simone Crown said...

I like your Emirates-Guide-Posts very much! This year is fully booked travelwise but maybe next year I need all your advice for holidaying in the Emirates ;)

Holly Knitlightly said...

What a beautiful looking hotel!! You're going to have an amazing time!

Stacy CUrran said...

Looks amazing! Hope you have a great time!
Stacy

Barbara von Enger said...

Must note these tips down for my next trip out;-)

Thelma Frayne said...

Dainty Doll, it is actually kind of windy and sand-stormy at the moment so not feeling much sun on my skin... I'm really hoping it improves in the next few weeks.

@Fashion Me Chic, that is so encouraging. I've heard so many good reviews on this place so I'm just hoping it lives up to them now!

QT said...

Looks good!

Sveva said...

I want to go! My best friend was there last year! They are wonderful places!

Diana Mieczan said...

I am totally in! What a beautiful hotel:)Have a great day, sweetie. xo