Sunday, February 5, 2012

Best of… January 12

sms jan1

My best find this month was Anna’s blog, South Molton St Style, and in particular the page on essentials.  This is where Anna lists the basics items that ‘frame’ every wardrobe and make it more workable. From this page, you can follow links to individual posts about each item, detailing what makes them such an essential and the best places to pick them up.  Why have I never seen this done before?  Borderline genius.  I’ve adopted Anna’s list as a basis for all future shopping trips- I agree with pretty much everything she says!  This is simply what I needed all along.

ss jan1

Here’s the proof that having a good wardrobe of basics works (dark denims and a sheer shirt are both on the list). via Sterling Style.

heyprettything jan1

Okay, red pants are not on the list.  I know that, but I still feel a gaping hole in my wardrobe where I feel they should be. Via Hey Pretty Thing.

thisisnotnew2

thisisnotnew5

thisisnotnew6

thisisnotnew4

thisisnotnew3

thisisnotnew1

thisisnotnew7

My other big discovery of late is This is Not New (Thank you Roisin!).  This website is a constant stream of images, like the ones above, collected from blogs and other fashiony sites .  Kind of like a massive ‘Best of…’ post.  I can’t get enough.  This site is very addictive; you have been warned.  You may find yourself on it, at all hours of the morning, promising yourself ‘just five more…'

ft jan1

insidein insideout jan1

Slightly obsessed with this jumper by Claude Pierlot  and this dress by Sara Phillips (via Fashion Toast and Inside In Inside Out).  All kinds of right.

oh jan1

I’m getting into a bit of a habit of taking style inspiration from children, but this would make a very cool grown-up outfit too.  Admit it.

13 comments:

The Dainty Dolls House said...

How cute is that little one!?! Bless his little heart, lots of style there!! Happy Sunday flower! xx

Rachel - Notes from my closet said...

Ahh that's SO weird! I'm writing/ making a page about my Capsule Closet at this very moment! maybe it's fate! It's great to get some inspiration from other bloggers :)

Love, Vanilla

Anna (South Molton St Style) said...

Awww thank you love, this is so cute! xxx

Jenny N said...

oooh, great links. I like reading about the essentials too. Also, I am totally eyeing red pants right now too!

Femke. said...

Beautiful pictures!
That cute little boy is the sweeeeetest :D

XOXF.
www.myfashion-expression.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Ok. So we have just about the same fashion taste. I adore all these things you've posted! Thanks for linking them too, I love finding new blogs to follow! :)

xo
http://hautecouture3.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

That kid is adorable. I'm off to check out Anna's blog, sounds fantastic! xo

Style Servings said...

Ah these are all so cool, especially the looks that work basics in such a fab way. Really great inspiration!

http://styleservings.blogspot.com/

Sveva said...

wow these photos are so inspiring! love it!

http://rueoh.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

beautiful and inspiring
s

Simone Crown said...

wow! great picks! I love finding new awesome blogs!

kisses from austria!
http://geewrite.blogspot.com/

Thelma Frayne said...

You're welcome Anna!

Can't wait to see that post Vanilla x

Diana Mieczan said...

I love those photos and I cant wait for spring. I so want to wear that 4th outfit. So pretty! PS: That little cutie melts my heart:) Muah